If you would like to contribute resources to ielanguages.com, please let me know. I need help with the following:
- Proofreading all of the tutorials: I know there are typos somewhere in all of these pages. If you see any mistakes that need to be corrected, please e-mail me! And native speakers, if you have time, please read through the tutorials to make sure I'm not trying to teach something that isn't correct. I write these tutorials based on grammar and phrase books, websites and input from native speakers, but I know they are not 100% perfect.
- Recording audio files for all of the tutorials: Pronunciation is an extremely important part of language learning and I would love to have audio files for all of the languages. I use Audacity (a free program) to record the French mp3s. I can explain how to use it if any native speakers are interested in contributing their pronunciation files.
- Adding standard IPA symbols for the pronunciation: I have wanted to redo the pronunciation guides for a long time, but changing everything to IPA is going to take a really, really long time.
- Helping with the FSI HTML Project: Converting PDF documents to HTML (as well as proofreading) is a very time-consuming project. And because the FSI language courses are so extensive, this will also take a ridiculously long time to complete.
- Adding more languages to the Vocabulary & Verbs lists: The Romance Languages lists only include French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. The Germanic Languages lists only include German, Dutch and Swedish. Obviously there are many more Romance and Germanic languages!
- Adding more realia resources for all languages: If you have receipts, menus, ticket stubs, flyers, etc. in another language, please consider scanning them so learners can see the real language in use.
- Finding more sites/books for learning two languages simultaneously: I am very interested in finding any more resources that help learners with multiple languages at once. I am currently learning German and Italian together, with French as a base, and I know I can't be the only one who studies more than one language. Yet I cannot find any websites or books that focus on more than one language.
And of course, if you'd like to write a new language tutorial or add to an existing one, feel free to do so! I will add tutorials for any human language, even if it's not an Indo-European language.
Thank you for your help!